< back to safety services
X-Ray Safety Audits and Risk Assessments
Detailed audits and assessments
Electron-X will complete detailed safety audits and risk assessments on X-ray systems or
installations and identify safe working practices , which will give our customers peace
of mind and enable them to comply with the Ionising Radiation Regulations 1999.
Thorough safety and radiation checks
A safety audit involves a detailed radiation survey and system examination to check
Radiation warning lamps
- Radiation shielding integrity and suitability
- Types of interlock and their correct operation
- Emergency stops and functional switches
- Control circuits and safety monitoring of critical components
- Warning lamps and audible alarms
- Conformity with current regulations
In addition the correct application of Local Rules and operator training procedures can be assessed.
Risk assessment compliance checks
Risk assessment also includes checks for compliance with the following:
- Electrical wiring regulations
- Machinery directive
Subsequent to the safety audit, the customer will receive a report, which will include recommendations, or
actions that may be needed.
go to top of page